Growing Cannabis Plants vs. Buying Marijuana
For people contemplating whether to grow their own cannabis plants or buy ready-made marijuana from a Colorado dispensary or retail store there are several things to consider. Each individual will have their own preferences as to what works best for them, however there are some common benefits of both growing and buying that people should be aware of.
Benefits of Growing Cannabis Plants
- Control – Growing plants is ideal for people who want to be in control of the process. When an individual grows their own plants, they can choose the types they want and they will always know what they’re getting. They will have complete say on the quality, making growing an ideal option for someone who likes to be in control.
- Final product is always available – When a person grows their own cannabis plants they will never run out of product. Their cannabis is available to them around the clock so there is never a concern over getting to the store. Personal plants make cannabis readily available any time a person wants it.
- Financial savings – While there is an initial investment needed to start growing cannabis plants at home, the finished product will be less expensive in the long run. When a person grows their own plants, they don’t have to pay the retail markup costs every time they want to use cannabis.
Benefits of Buying Retail Marijuana
- Ability to try different types – Walking into a cannabis dispensary gives customers a wide range of products to choose from and they are always able to sample new products with no wait time associated with growing plants. An individual is welcome to try as many new products as they want without limitations that come with growing only several varieties.
- No space needed – Individuals who live in smaller homes simply don’t have the space needed to grow plants, which can take up a lot of room. Plants need space to grow and even growing one or two will take up valuable space in a person’s home. Retail cannabis takes up next to no space, making it an ideal option for people in apartments or homes that don’t have any extra room.
- No concerns about care – For those who aren’t gifted with a green thumb, buying ready-made cannabis is a better option than growing their own plants. Once plants have begun to grow, there is a constant need for tending and harvesting. If plants die the investment of purchasing them is wasted. In buying retail cannabis products there are no concerns over plant care.
- Convenience – When a person wants cannabis that’s available immediately, shopping at a retail location is the best way to go. Buying ready-made marijuana allows people to use it right away without any lag time associated with growing plants.
Keywords: Colorado marijuana